Adapted from the Rebar Modern Food Cookbook
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 can of black beans rinsed
- 1/2 red pepper finely diced
- 2 jalapeños peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 TBS lemon juice
- 3 TBS lime juice
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce or to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- Feta cheese to taste (optional)
Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer under cold water to remove any bitter taste. Bring water and quinoa to a boil. Add salt. Cover and reduce heat to low for 15 minutes. Remove lid when all water is absorbed and let rest.
Steam or lightly sauté corn until just tender. Allow to cool. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss. Season with additional lime, hot sauce, or salt.