We have many protocols in place to keep both our therapists and our patients as safe as possible and we are doing our best to mitigate any risks of COVID-19.
The following is a list of new protocols that are to be followed by all therapists in the clinic setting until further notice.
Our clinic is a 450 sq. foot space with two treatment rooms and a bathroom. There are only ever two therapists on a shift at a given time. Each treatment room is equipped with it’s own sink. By staggering appointments and asking clients to arrive at their scheduled time there will be minimal traffic in the clinic reception at any time and physical distancing should be easy to maintain.
What To Expect For Your Appointment
- Please read and sign the online COVID-19 waiver/ payment policy form. Please also sign the new treatment consent form. Clients will enter into a written and signed agreement, and an informed verbal consent to treatment at their first treatment after the reopening of the clinic (June 1, 2020). Consent will be renewed verbally at the beginning of each treatment thereafter for the duration of the pandemic COVID-19.
- Please fill out the mandatory COVID-19 symptom checklist the day before your appointment. This form is attached at the end of this document. This will be emailed to you as well.
- You will also receive a call, text, or email from us the day before. If you are sick, have travelled out of the country within the last 14 days, or have come into direct contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, you will need to cancel and reschedule your appointment.
- Masks: Anyone entering the clinic, patients and therapists must bring a mask that will need to be worn, for at least portions of their treatment whenever physical distance cannot be maintained, until such time it is no longer necessary. We will NOT be providing masks to the public, however if you forget your own mask, which can be cloth or paper, we will have a small supply of disposable masks available. A small fee of $2 will be applied to your bill to cover our costs.
- Contactless Payments: Please ensure that you are set up to pay your therapist in a contactless method, ideally via e-transfer. Credit card or direct billing may be options as well depending on your therapist. Our booking system now has a place where you can securely enter your credit card info. We ask that you pay just before your appointment to give your therapist some extra time for the enhanced sanitizing of the treatment room.
- If possible, please arrive alone for your appointment. Please bring your own water, wear laundered clothes, and minimize errands and large groups on the way to the clinic.
When You Arrive
- Please arrive no more than 3-5 minutes early. Please wait outside the door or in your car so we can keep reception traffic minimal.
- Use this time to send your e-transfer so that you can leave promptly after your session. Receipts will be emailed.
- Apply hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- You will be asked the COVID-19 screening questions.
- Appointments will be cancelled at the time of visit if any patients exhibit signs of illness or fever. Cancellation fees will not apply under these circumstances.
Keeping You Safe
- Therapists will be doing daily COVID-19 self-checks and will cancel appointments if they exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms. We ask you to do the same.
- Enhanced sanitizing and disinfecting of massage tables and high touch surfaces between treatments and throughout the day with BCCDC approved cleaners.
- Therapists will wash their hands with warm, soapy water for a minimum of 20 seconds and thoroughly dry hands before and after each treatment and throughout the day.
- For everyone’s protection, your therapist will be wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment including masks and/or shields or goggles, scrubs/aprons as needed when physical distancing cannot be maintained. Your therapist will discuss the proper use of PPE with you.
- Staggered appointment times to limit traffic in common areas.
After Your Treatment
- Your therapist can rebook you or you can rebook online later.
- Sanitize your hands before you leave.
We thank you for your compliance to these new protocols. Your comfort and safety is very important to us.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your appointment or our new procedures.
HAND HYGIENE, DISINFECTING, CLEANING
- A sanitation station has been put in place on the front desk and clients are guided to sanitize upon entering and exiting the clinic. A hand washing poster has been posted for reference at all sinks within the clinic.
- Disinfecting solutions and hand sanitizer:
- 70% Isopropyl alcohol
- Spray 9 Heavy Duty Disinfectant Cleaner
- Hand sanitizer
- The treatment rooms are disinfected before and after each treatment. Each treatment room is stocked with disinfectants for this purpose. All massage tables, pillows, and benches are sanitized between each patient. All linens, including sheets and blankets, are washed after every use. The clinic will cease to use thermophores until we find an appropriate non-porous washable encasement for them. Treatment room floors are mopped with disinfectant after each treatment.
- All high contact areas are disinfected several times per day including front desk counters, waiting room benches, all door handles, counter-like surfaces, water cooler, and light switches.
- Clients are given a cloth to use to open the treatment room door when they exit the room.
- The clinic phone is sanitized after each manual use.
- Therapists will use their own devices for charting and be regularly sanitizing them.
- Pens, and all communal administrative items are wiped down after each use.
- Therapists will wash their hands with warm soapy water for a minimum of 20 seconds and thoroughly dry hands before and after each treatment in the treatment room.
- Therapists and clients will disinfect their hands before and after treatment, and as needed. Each treatment room will be stocked with hand sanitizer, soap, and towels for this purpose.
- Hand towels are single use and are laundered after every use.
- Air purifiers have been put in both treatment rooms.
- All unnecessary clutter and all fabric pillows and rugs have been removed from the clinic.